Minor | The Woods - Displacement Map Test

17:44

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this model turned out. I used the Maya > Mudbox > Maya pipeline, with the final result being rendered in Maya with a displacement map to give it texture. 
The only trouble I had was getting the UV seams to marry up, but it was really easily fixed by changing the UV Smoothing to pin borders.
I didn't like how noisy my previous wood tests were so I made my own stencil for Mudbox using some photos of bark for reference. I used four shades of grey to give different levels of depth to it. While applying the stencil in Mudbox, I used large broad strokes to get the right amount of depth, and then went over it all again with a smaller brush and lower strength for the smaller details.

You Might Also Like

1 comments